Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How can I get a tour?
- A: The public can sign up for monthly tours with the DC Preservation League (DPL). Tours occur on one Saturday a month.
- Q: Can I visit the “Point” to photograph?
- A: In order to visit the point, visitors will have to sign up for the public tours with DPL. Visitors will be screened and escorted due to photography restrictions from the point.
- Q: How are contract opportunities announced and posted and where?
- A: For contracts opportunities over $25,000, GSA is mandated by the Federal Acquisition Regulations to post synopsis and notice of the opportunity at www.fbo.gov. Those contract opportunities between $10,000 and $25,000 must at a minimum, be posted at a public location.
- Q: What type of Small Businesses are candidates for contracts - pre and post construction?
- A: 8(a) certified Small Businesses are candidates for contracts pre and post constructions. Training to become an 8(a) certified business is offered monthly by GSA. Pre-registration is required and is available on www.gsa.gov. A report is prepared for those who attend the training and their progress is tracked through the system.
In addition, HUBZone, businesses owned by the service-disabled veteran-owned, an Indian tribe or an Alaska Native Corporation small business are candidates for projects specifically set aside to promote GSA's small business socioeconomic goals.